Yesterday, personacentral.com reported that play-asia.com gave Persona 5’s ‘PlayStation Hits’ Edition an April 2019 release window and a $19.99 USD/CAD price-point. According to personacentral.com, the red “PlayStation Hits” labels are placed on certain PS4 games to make them more affordable to consumers. They state that the games are “priced at $19.99 US / $19.99 CAD for games at retailers and on the PS Store.”
The first wave of “PlayStation Hits” titles were introduced ” in June 2018[,]” as the second line of titles were introduced in November 2018, according to personacentral.com. They also report that there was a discounted edition for the game that released on September 6th, 2018, in Japan.
Although personacentral.com didn’t share more information on the game, play-asia.com’s web-page for it contains some important details. Though this edition of the title hasn’t been released, play-asia.com states that it “works on all systems sold worldwide, [and that] a correct regional account may be required for online features.”
The next array of information may be needed for those like myself, who haven’t experienced this well-acclaimed gem. Play-asia.com’s listing for the title also came with some important data regarding the game’s features, description, ESRB rating, and more.
Here’s what play-asia.com listed about Persona 5’s features, description, and rating information.
- “The 5th numbered game in the series, created by renowned developers – The core development team of the recent Persona titles unites again for this upcoming game. Long-time Persona series director Katsura Hashino is overseeing the project, while legendary character designer Shigenori Soejima is working closely to create character designs that ooze rebellious style and attitude.”
- “A deep and engaging story-line – The thrilling story of a team of defiant teenagers, growing through every trial they face, begins now. Each case will take you one step closer to the truth veiled in darkness…What awaits our heroes: glory or ruin?”
- “Unique and interesting dungeons with various tricks and traps await – Overcome various obstacles with graceful Phantom Thief action. The simple-to-learn, but hard-to master controls will be enjoyed by newcomers and veteran Persona players alike.
“The Persona Craze Continues:”
- “Hit Game developer Altus, thrills all Persona Series’ fans and all game enthusiasts who crave for a different kind of gaming experience once more with the release of Persona 5 as its latest title! This role-playing game is a sequel to the previous persona titles that carry the same formula that made the series a well circulated but with an exciting twist that no other title in the series had sported before. The use of a new game engine, an intriguing story-line and a well-thought concept sets Persona 5 apart from the others and is sure to keep players hooked for hours!”
“Chains, Emancipation and Intrigue:”
- “Set in a high school kind of setting, players will be entering a world where social problems and hardships of today are being discussed and features characters that are being held back by the rules set by society. Being a “slave” in sense, trials should be overcome by players that “are bored and discontent with their lives” and set out in a quest for freedom from the certain appalling state they are currently in. Though offering fresh kind of concept, Persona 5 has made sure to offer a familiar sense of atmosphere for long-time fans of the series and an interesting twist for new players that will altogether spell out one of a kind gaming experience.”
- “Genre: RPG”
- “Version: U.S.”
- “ESRB Rating: Mature”
- “Players: 1”
From several people I’ve spoken with, I’ve heard nothing but great things about this certain RPG title. If Joker’s inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate doesn’t sell you on the game, than I believe checking out the various trailers about it should sway you to buy the game.
Although we weren’t given a solid release date for the title’s “PlayStation Hits” Edition, it’s great to know that there’s a release window for it. However, I’ve heard a few rumblings on various gaming media websites that Persona 5 might be receiving a Nintendo Switch port (article courtesy of Nintendolife.com). Yet, I guesstimate if a Nintendo Switch version of the game is revealed, I believe it will most likely be priced at $59.99 USD like Doom and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
However, it’s your decision to make on whether to wait for this possible Nintendo Switch version of Persona 5 or to save funds and buy it on the platform it released on at a cheaper price. We’ll be sure to keep you updated on more “PlayStation Hits” related news when more information is publicly shared.
What do you think about this news? Will you buy the “PlayStation Hits” Edition Of Persona 5, or will you wait on Nintendo to announce the title’s Nintendo Switch version? If you own/owned the game, why should people buy it? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter, and follow us for more Persona news, and everything gaming too.