Nicalis’s Twitter account announced that Blade Strangers will arrive on the PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch platforms on August 28th, 2018 in North America. Consumers can pre-order the product now for $39.99 USD.
For a short duration of time, consumers who buy the game physically at launch will receive extra goodies–according to Gematsu.com You can also watch the release date trailer by clicking here.
If you’re unaware about the title, it’s a crossover fighting game featuring characters from various Indie titles like Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story and Shovel Knight from…SHOVEL KNIGHT! But that’s not all.
Besides the title’s focus on one-on-one combat and easily adaptable input functions for starting players; it seems it will launch with a lot of stellar content too. According to Gematsu’s article,
“The game will arrive feature-rich at launch, complete with a wide variety of online and offline gameplay modes and additional offerings including:”
- Story Mode – experience each character’s unique story.
- Arcade Mode – pick a character and win matches to advance.
- Challenge Mode – complete various skill challenges for each of the characters.
- Survival Mode – battle against a barrage of CPU-controlled opponents.
- Versus Mode – fight against friends or the CPU (with “standby” option).
- Online Modes – create or search for rooms and engage in Stealth, Casual or League matches.
- Tutorial – for new players to learn the basics.
- Training – practice moves and combos to hone skills (with “standby” option).
- Other Features – online leaderboards, screen view and control customization, player profiles, stat tracking, unlockable items (character colors, portraits, special titles).
With this sheer amount of content and incredible ease for non-fighting game enthusiasts; Blade Strangers may be a game you should look out for come August. Especially if your an indie fan who has dreamed of a fighting indie character game before.
What do you think about this news? Will you be picking up Blade Strangers when it releases? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter, and follow us for more news on Blade Strangers, and everything gaming too!