Nicalis’s Twitter account announced that Blade Strangers will arrive on the PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch platforms on August 28th, 2018 in North America. Consumers can pre-order the product now for $39.99 USD.
If you’re unaware about the title, it’s a crossover fighting game featuring characters from various Indie titles like Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story and Shovel Knight from…SHOVEL KNIGHT! But that’s not all.
“The game will arrive feature-rich at launch, complete with a wide variety of online and offline gameplay modes and additional offerings including:”
- Story Mode – experience each character’s unique story.
- Arcade Mode – pick a character and win matches to advance.
- Challenge Mode – complete various skill challenges for each of the characters.
- Survival Mode – battle against a barrage of CPU-controlled opponents.
- Versus Mode – fight against friends or the CPU (with “standby” option).
- Online Modes – create or search for rooms and engage in Stealth, Casual or League matches.
- Tutorial – for new players to learn the basics.
- Training – practice moves and combos to hone skills (with “standby” option).
- Other Features – online leaderboards, screen view and control customization, player profiles, stat tracking, unlockable items (character colors, portraits, special titles).
With this sheer amount of content and incredible ease for non-fighting game enthusiasts; Blade Strangers may be a game you should look out for come August. Especially if your an indie fan who has dreamed of a fighting indie character game before.
What do you think about this news? Will you be picking up Blade Strangers when it releases? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter, and follow us for more news on Blade Strangers, and everything gaming too!
I am a college graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in English. My activities consist of riding my bike in the Summer, and reading novels, magazines, and reviews on my spare time. Often times, I’m seen making artistic drawings on Photoshop. I plan to make YouTube content on my new channel. I look forward to meeting and greeting anyone who wishes to speak with me. Have a lovely day.