“An all digital conference, it won’t be any good. They’re doing the same thing Square Enix did.” Well Nintendo knows how to make great digital presentations, and this was no exception. Let’s recap what happened. I may have missed some things though, and a link to the full video is here.
Daemon X Machina is coming to the Switch in 2019. You can see the trailer here. I see giant mechs, I’m intrigued.
A new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC was teased, and it arrives September 2018.
Pokemon Let’s Go will have the ability to transfer Pokemon between the mobile and Switch versions, and there is a new accessory coming to the game, the Pokeball Plus.
This will allow you to catch a Pokemon and take it with you. You also get Mew if you buy one, tempting. It will be available November 16th.
Super Mario Party will allow you to play with up to 3 other people and you can connect two Switch consoles together on the go to play. I didn’t even know the Switch could do that, then again I don’t own a Switch (even though I really want one). This will release October 5th, and you can see the trailer here.
Fire Emblem: Three Houses got a trailer, and it’s coming out in Spring 2019.
Fortnite is being released on the Switch today at 10am PST, and it’s free.
Overcooked 2! is coming to the Switch, and it will feature local and online co-op, as well as kitchens that change on the fly, introducing unique challenges. Check out the trailer here.
Killer Queen Black is coming to the Switch, and will feature 2 teams of 4 players each that can battle on the same screen. Sounds like bullet hell, but fun.
Hollow Knight plus all previously released DLC will be available on the Nintendo eShop today. If you haven’t played it yet, I highly recommend it.
Octopath Traveler will be released on the Switch on July 13th, with a new playable demo in the eShop on June 14th. I know a lot of people are excited for this one, and it does look like an interesting game. Check out the character trailer here.
A slew of titles are coming to the Switch, and I couldn’t catch them all as they went by, but I did catch Arena of Valor in Fall 2018, and Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy,
as well as Wolfenstein 2 and ARK: Survival Evolved being ported over.
Now for the bulk of the show, what’s going on with Smash? Well they delivered, and here’s what happened.
- All previous characters will join the fray
- Characters will be unlocked more consistantly than in previous versions
- Inkling from Splatoon will be joining for this version
- Ridley from Metroid will also be joining as a playable character for the first time
- Characters will have changable outfits, and some will have male and female versions like Pikachu and the Villager
- Echo fighters like Dark Pit and Daisy will have similar fighting styles to their non-Echo characters, but will have different move sets to offer a unique play style
- 8 player battles are back, finally!
- Final Smashes are now faster to keep the transition smooth and the fighting continuous afterwards
- You can now charge moves in midair
- There are 50+ assist trophies, each with their own unique abilities, plus more Pokemon and items will be available to use
- The battlefields are from across the series. They will all have graphics updates, as well as battlefield and Omega modes. This sounds like fun to me, presents a challenge, especially with the 8 player battles.
- Damage increased on 1v1 battles, keeping the action going
- We can use Gamecube controllers again!
- Amiibo figures are compatable from any series, and the levels are kept in the figure.
Super Smash Bros: Ultimate will release on the Switch on December 7th, 2018. I need to get a Switch, I love the Smash Bros series (even though I’m not that great at it). You can see the full Super Smash Bros: Ultimate presentation here, I know there is some stuff that I missed.
Thanks to Nintendo’s YouTube channel for the presentation and trailers.